Sunday, November 7, 2010

Procrastination...

Well, instead of doing homework, I'm going to post on here. I have a paper due tomorrow, and I haven't even started it. It's only about 2 pages though, so I'm not worried about it. Once I decide o sit down and actually write it, I should be able to crank it out in about an hour or so.

Right now I'm sitting in my room, listening to my iTunes, and thinking about a lot of different things. Most of what I'm thinking comes from Nathan though. I can't help but get anxious when I think about the fact that we still have 6 months until he comes home. It seems like it's dragging, and I have a hard time trying not to let it get me down. I get to talk to him often though, so that helps a lot. We talk about everything, and I love that I'm able to be so open with him.

Also, I was reading my cousin's blog recently, and I read something that she had posted that I had pointed out to her...so now I'm gonna post it too. It seems like, in my family, that if you're not married and don't have kids, you're not seen as an adult. She took it one step further and said that you're not seen. I would totally have to agree with that, because I feel like when I'm here at college, I'm an after thought. No one ever calls just to check in, they always nag me or need something done. They always want me to come home, but then when I do, they largely ignore me the whole time I'm there, and they never come down to visit me. But anyways, I digress.

For Thanksgiving Break, I'm gonna stay here in Macomb. I have to work and I'm not really keen on going home anyway. All I'd hear if I were there is how "concerned" my mom is about me being in a relationship with Nathan, and I honestly don't need it.

And Mom and Dad aren't gonna have me around for Spring Break either, because I'm looking into going to Texas to visit my aunt and uncle. I need an Aunt Becky hug, and I know that I'll be able to discuss things with her more openly than I would be with Mom. Aunt Becky is much less likely to judge me and my relationships, and she's more likely to actually listen when I tell her things.

Well, that's all my rambling for now. I'm gonna go and maybe get some homework done before I get on Skype to talk to Nathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment